Did dev forget itch.io updates?
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
SAELIG is a strategy game with simulation and RPG elements centered around the life of you and your family as you try to survive and bring wealth and prosperity to your household. Set in Dark Ages England, you will enter the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Wessex during a time of turmoil where you will choose your path and do what you must to make your mark on the world around you, for generations to come.
You have the freedom to be who you want and to play the way you want - become a trader, business owner, worker, landlord, criminal, watchman, abbot, hunter, and more.
SAELIG has a living world where actions matter, and every character has a life of their own. As the player you aren't here to save the world or be a hero, you're just here to live your life the best you can.
There are many different ways you can approach the game, and ways you can play, including the following:
- Start the game as an Employee, Travelling Trader, Landlord, Business Owner, Hunter, Beggar, or just start with a house and some gold.
- No matter how you start you can make your own path.
- Find love, start a family and begin your dynasty.
- Become an Abbot and run the church, or a guard captain and be above the law.
- Get a job and go to work every day for a handful of coins.
- Become a gravedigger and make your wage sending off the dead. Or maybe you want to be work at the Learning Hall and look after the village children.
- Forage for supplies and sell them to market.
- Trade between markets.
- Buy huts and houses and rent them out.
- Buy and run businesses to supply the town with much needed goods.
- Buy land and develop it into new buildings to help the town grow.
- Destroy the economy, start fires, hoard food, and watch the world burn.
- Become a bit of a thug and steal your way to riches.
- Battle to survive Viking raids.
Some other key features:
- A living, breathing world, where each character is trying to survive and prosper.
- Each character has their own life from start to finish and has the potential to shape the world around them, just like you.
- Live through several generations – when you die, you can continue as one of your children.
- Dynamic seasons and weather that affects the world around you.
- Lots of different types of buildings to, build, purchase, and upgrade.
- Fires and diseases have the potential to not only decimate your home, but also towns and villages all over the map.
- Living economy - nothing simply exists, everything is made and consumed by the population.
- A knowledge system where most actions can be improved on by doing them.
SAELIG is a hobby project being developed in my spare time when I'm not at my day job. I love this game and am creating something that I'm proud of and that I enjoy. The Itch.io version of the game is DRM free. SAELIG is currently is still under development, is not feature complete, and there can be bugs.
SAELIG is heavily inspired by The Guild 2. So, if you're into that you may very well be into this.
- Windows x64, MacOS (Intel & Silicon), Linux x64
- Modern Multi-Core CPU
- 8GB+ of RAM
- Dedicated GPU with 1GB+ of VRAM
- DirectX 11 (Win), Metal (Mac), Vulkan (Linux)
|Updated||15 hours ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Genre||Strategy, Role Playing, Simulation|
|Tags||business, dark-ages, Life Simulation, raids, saxon, Trading, viking|
|Average session||A few hours|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files: